Most people know April 1 as April Fool’s Day, a time to play pranks on your friends or co-workers for laughs. But did you know that today is also April Pools’ Day, part of a national initiative to remind folks about water safety? It’s excellent timing, as many of us are just beginning to think about swim season, and for Probity Pools, water safety is now joke.
In Florida, it’s pool time year-round, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good time to review vital safety information. Here are a few steps you can take to make your pool a safe, and fun environment:
– Learn to swim and teach your children how to swim
– Designate an adult “water watcher” at all times; trade off after 15-30 minutes
– Install pool alarms to alert you when children go near the water
– Keep children away from pool drains, pipes and other openings to prevent them from getting trapped
– Ensure any pool or spa has compliant drain covers and if you do not know, ask your pool service provider
Probity Pools is dedicated to pool safety. And that can come in many forms; whether it is service to make sure your chemicals are properly balanced or installing pool alarms and baby gates. On this April Pools’ Day, take a good look at your pool. Have you done everything you can to make sure your pool is a safe place?